The 50 latest publications is shown on this page. See all publications in Cristin here →
My PhD project has the hooded seal (Cystophora cristata) as model organisms and it focuses on two main objectives:
- Describe biological rhythms in diving species and how the molecular clock and hypoxia tolerance mechanisms are influencing each other;
- Define the main mitochondrial adaptations that give extreme hypoxia tolerance to the pinnipeds neural tissue.
- BIO-2310 Arctic Biology (2021-2022)
- BIO-3008 Animal Physiology (2021-2022)
Master thesis co-supervisor:
- Matthew Chiu (2021-2022, 60 stp). Are Hooded seals (Cystophora cristata) endowed with mechanisms for non-shivering thermogenesis within the skeletal muscle? Supervisors: Shona Wood, Lars Folkow, Chiara Ciccone
- Silje Hælen-Helgesson (2022-2023, 60 stp). Physiological adaptations for ultra-endurance in long-distance sled dogs project. Supervisors: MA Sundset, Chiara Ciccone, Ingebjørg Helena Nymo, Shona Wood, Lars Folkow.
Member of research group
- BSc in Biological Science at "La Sapienza", Rome (2013 - 2016)
- MSc in Arctic Animal Physiology at UiT (2017 - 2019)
- PhD in Animal Physiology at UiT (2020 - current position)