- Global and Arctic Planetary Health, EcoHealth, One Health, sustainable healthcare, environmental physiotherapy
- Sustainability and sustainable development
- Critical theory, ethics, posthumanities
- Environmental philosopy, environmental humanities, medical humanities
- Post/qualitative research
Current research projects:
- The Environmental Physiotherapy Agenda 2023 (project lead)
- South African healthcare practitioners knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding environmental sustainability (University of Pretoria, South Africa / project member)
Current international supervision:
- The knowledge, attitudes and practices of health professionals regarding environmental sustainability - (Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Students combined Bachelor project, University of Pretoria, South Africa)
- Embodied and experiental planetary health education (R. Schüssler - Bachelor project, University of Osnabrück, Germany)
- A discourse analysis of sustainability in physiotherapy (M. Plaisant - Bachelor project, University of Furtwangen, Germany)
- The UN Agenda 2030 SDGs and physiotherapy clinics (J. Spencer - Excellence track project, Saxion University, Netherlands)
See Linkedin profile for a full CV
Founder and Executive Chair Environmental Physiotherapy Association (EPA)
Chair of the German-speaking section of the Critical Physiotherapy Network (CPN)
Member of Norwegian Physiotherapist Association
Filip Maric (PhD) teaches in the UiT Bachelor programme in physiotherapy. Subjects include:
- Society and public health
- Sustainable Development Goals, Planetary Health and Environmental Physiotherapy
- Critical theory, posthumanism and environmental humanities in physiotherapy and healthcare
- Post/qualitative research methods
- Supervision of Bachelor projects
- Therapeutic touch and musculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy in mental health
Filip Maric is also the project lead of the Environmental Physiotherapy Content Development Project on Physiopedia, the largest available free-access and continually updated physiotherapy knowledge resource and is used by people in every corner of the world. He is also the coordinator of the Environmental Physiotherapy Programme on Physioplus, the continuous professional devevelopment platform of Physiopedia.
Planetary Health Alliance (2021). The Planetary Health Education Framework. Guzman-Faerron, C.A. & Potter, T. (Eds.). Harvard: Planetary Health Alliance.
Maric, F., El-Seoud, N., Becker, M. Czernik, C., Halm, E., Moers, S., Richter, R., Rogan, S., Vogel, B., Zuber, S., Höppner, H. (2021). Kritische Physiotherapie: die deutschsprachige Sektion des Critical Physiotherapy Network (DCPN) stellt sich vor. physioscience, 17:34-38. 10.1055/a-1335-3997
Maric, F., Nicholls, D., Mostert, K., Culpan, J., Stone, O., van Wijchen, J., Kennedy, M., Long, I., Bundtzen, T. (2020). The Environmental Physiotherapy Agenda 2023. Oslo: Environmental Physiotherapy Association (EPA). ISBN: 978-82-303-4491-0.
Maric, F. (2019). Ruf nach einer oekologischen Physiotherapie. PT – Zeitschrift für Physiotherapeuten (Germany), November 2019 Issue.
Maric, F. (2017). Physiotherapy and Fundamental Ethics - Questioning Self and Other in Theory and Practice (PhD Thesis). New Zealand: AUT University Auckland.
Maric, F. (2011). Researching the Self, the Other and their relationship in physiotherapy: a theoretical and methodological exploration of autoethnography (Master Dissertation). New Zealand: AUT University Auckland.