Diana Santalova Thordarson
The 50 latest publications is shown on this page. See all publications in Cristin here →
Publications outside Cristin
1. Andronov A., Dalinger I., Santalova D. (2020) Problem of Overbooking for a Case of a Random Environment Existence. In: Vishnevskiy V., Samouylov K., Kozyrev D. (eds.) Distributed Computer and Communication Networks. DCCN 2020. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12563. Springer, Cham. Pp. 393-405. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-66471-8_30.
2. Andronov A., Spiridovska N., Santalova D. (2020) On a parametric estimation for a convolution of exponential densities. In: J. Pilz, D. Rasch and A. Bathke (eds.) Simulation, DoE and Statistics – Methods and Applications. SimStat, Salzburg, 2019. Springer Proceedings on Mathematics and Statistics. Accepted.
3. Andronov A., Jackiva (Yatskiv) I., Santalova D. (2019) Estimation of the Parameters of Continuous-Time Finite Markov Chain. In: Vishnevskiy V., Samouylov K., Kozyrev D. (eds.) Distributed Computer and Communication Networks. DCCN 2019. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11965. Springer, Cham. Pp. 195-206. ISSN 0302-9743.
4. Santalova D. (2014) On a Generalization of the Modified Gravity Model, Topics in Statistical Simulation, Research Papers from the 7th International Workshop on Statistical Simulation, V.B.Melas, S.Mignani, P.Monari and L.Salmaso (eds), Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, 2014, Vol. 114, pp.439 - 446. ISSN 2194-1009.
5. Santalova D. (2013) Experimental Analysis of Statistical Properties of Parameter Estimates of Modified Gravity Model. Automatic Control and Computer Science, 2013, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 99-106. ISSN 0146-4116 © Allerton Press, Inc., 2013. Original Russian Text © D. Santalova, 2013, published in Avtomatika i Vychislitel’naya Tekhnika, 2013, No. 2, pp. 60–69.
6. Peshkova I., Santalova D. On Application of Weak Regeneration in Simulation of Complex Inventory Control Systems. Scientific Journal Proceedings of Petrozavodsk State University, series Natural & Engineering Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 8(129), (2012). ISSN: 2542-1077.
7. Andronov A., Santalova D. Statistical estimates for modified gravity model by aggregated data. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, Taylor & Francis, 2012, 41:6, pp. 730-745. ISSN: 0361-0918.
8. Peshkova I., Santalova D. On an Optimal Inventory Problem for Multi-echelon Production System. The 11th International Conference on Reliability and Statistics in Transportation and Communication (RelStat’11). 2011, October 19-22, Latvia, Riga. – Riga: Transport and Telecommunication Institute, 2011, pp. 249-254. ISBN 978-9984-818-46-7.
9. Santalova D. Forecasting of Passenger Conveyances in Latvian Regions Applying Semiparametric Regression Models. The Scientific Journal of Riga Technical University: Transport and Engineering – Intelligent Transport Systems, series 6, vol. 34, 2010, pp. 141-147. ISSN: 1407-8015.
10. Andronov A., Santalova D. On Nonlinear Regression Model for Correspondence Matrix of Transport Network. The XIIIth International Conference on Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis. 2009, June 30 – July 3, Lithuania, Vilnius. – Vilnius: Vilnius University, Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis International Society, L.Sakalauskas, C.Skiadas and E.K.Zavadskas (Eds.), 2009, pp. 90-94. ISBN 978-9955-28-463-5.
11. Santalova D. The Use of Multivariate Regression Model to Forecast the Freight Air Transportations in the Members Countries of the Europe Union. The International Conference „Modelling of Business, Industrial and Transport Systems – 2008”. 2008, May 7 – 10, Latvia, Riga. – Riga: TSI, 2008, pp. 258 – 266.
12. Kopytov E, Santalova D. Application of the Single Index Model for Forecasting of the Inland Conveyances. Recent Advances in Stochastic Modelling and Data Analysis. Editor: Christos H. Skiadas. – Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd., 2007, pp. 268 – 276. ISBN: 978-981-270-968-4.
13. Santalova D. Forecasting of Rail Freight Conveyances in EU Countries on the Base of the Single Index Model. Computer Modelling and New Technologies. – Vol. 11, No. 1. (2007), pp. 73 – 83. ISSN: 1407-5806.
14. Santalova D. Regression Model of Sales Volume from Wholesale Warehouse. 13th International Conference on Analytical and Stochastic Modelling Techniques and Applications. 2006, May 28 – 31, Germany, Bonn, Sankt Augustin.– Bonn: Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Science, Khalid Al-Begain (Ed.), 2006, pp. 133 – 137.
15. Andronov A., Zhukovskaya C. and Santalova D. On Mathematical Models for Analysis and Forecasting of the Europe Countries Conveyances. The Scientific Journal of Riga Technical University: Computer Science – Information Technology and Management Science, series 5, vol. 28, 2006, pp. 96 – 106. ISSN: 1407-7493.
16. Jackiva I., Santalova D. Faktoru analīzes izmantošana transporta nozares attīstības tendenču noteikšanai ES valstīs. Scientific Journal of RTU, series 6, vol. 18, 2005, pp. 139 – 147. ISSN: 1407-8015.
17. Santalova D. Vairumtirdzniecības noliktavas pārdošanu lieluma regresijas modelis. Scientific Journal of RTU, series 6, vol. 18, 2005, pp. 67 – 73. ISSN: 1407-8015.
Data analysis, machine learning, and stochastic processes.
Diana holds a Doctoral degree in Transport and Traffic with the focus on predictive models and data analysis from Riga Technical University, and a Master's degree in Computer Technology with the focus on operations research from the University of Civil Aviation in Riga, Latvia. Diana's work experience is mostly academic, and consists of teaching and research for universities in Latvia and Estonia. At her last position, research scientist in logistics at Møreforsking Molde AS, she was involved in developing of decision support systems in two national projects, where her responsibilities included problem description and formalizing, and mathematical modelling/simulation. Initiation of new projects also was a big part of her work. During her career, she has disseminated knowledge via writing scientific papers and attending international conferences, worked with modeling, simulation, quantitative analysis and statistical methods. At the Riga Technical University, she gained experience in research group work via taking part in projects directed to analysis and optimization of the transport systems in Latvia, and to estimation and forecasting of the passenger flows in the Baltic States. The main objective of her postdoctoral research (carried out at the University of Tartu, Estonia) was forecasting of transport and migration flows applying multivariate non-linear regression models.
2017-2018 Practical Pedagogics (PPU), ILU, NTNU
2005-2008 Doctor of engineering sciences in Transport and Traffic, Riga Technical University, Latvia
1992-1998 MSc in Computer Technology, University of Civil Aviation in Riga, Latvia
2019-2020 Research scientist II in Logistics, Møreforsking Molde AS
2019 Teacher of mathematics, Trøndelag fylkeskommune
2015-2016 Trainee, AtB AS / IT department, Trondheim
2014-2015 Research scientist, Statistics Estonia
2012-2014 Postdoctoral researcher, Tartu University, Estonia
1999-2012 Lecturer/Docent, Riga Technical University, Latvia
2002-2006 Lecturer, Transport and Telecommunication Institute, Riga, Latvia
1998-1999 Assistant professor/Laboratory manager, University of Civil Aviation in Riga, Latvia