INBOUND GUEST TRAINEESHIP STUDENTS: HOW TO APPLY FOR TRAINEESHIP
HOW TO APPLY FOR GUEST TRAINEESHIP (IMPORTANT !)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MEDICAL / NURSING / MIDWIFERY / RADIOGRAPHY / CLINICAL ROTATION STUDENTS
We ONLY accept applications for guest traineeship from students coming from our partner universities. If your university is a partner of UiT, please read the information on this website.
- 15 MARCH (application start) - 1 SEPTEMBER (application deadline) for students commencing their traineeship in the autumn semester (August to December).
- 15 SEPTEMBER (application start) - 1 FEBRUARY (application deadline) for students commencing their traineeship in the spring semester (January - July).
- The maximum period for an Erasmus+ Traineeship at UiT is limited to one academic year (i.e. two semesters). This applies regardless of whether there were two non-contiguous semesters.
- You must be enrolled as a student at an institution participating in Erasmus+ programme in Europe and have an active student status / right. Students who will have graduated at the point of undertaking their traineeship would not be eligible candidates.
- You must have a good command of English at B2 or C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Language proficiency requirements
- You must upload the mandatory documents and an Erasmus+ Learning Agreement on UiT's Appllication Web Service within the specified deadlines.
- You must be physically onsite and actively participate in the traineeship activities.
PLAN YOUR TRAINEESHIP
If you are interested in a traineeship at Uit within the Erasmus+ programme, the best way is to explore for opportunities by directly contacting your possible supervisor. Please make sure to mention in your email that you are a Guest Erasmus+ for Traineeship and looking for a supervisor.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE LEARNING AGREEMENT FORM
The Learning Agreement form is a binding document. It must be filled out, signed and dated by you and the responsible person at your home university before uploading it to the registration form.
MANDATORY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following supporting documents must be uploaded to the Application Form:
(1) Complete & Signed Learning Agreement
(2) Passport or ID Card (only EU nationals)
(3) Latest transcript of records from home institution
SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
Please register in the form and upload the required supporting documents as attachments in PDF. Incomplete registrations will not be assessed!
PLAN YOUR INSURANCE
UiT THE ARCTIC UNIVERSITY OF NORWAY DOES NOT ISSUE OR PROVIDE ANY INSURANCE TO COVER ACCIDENCE, LIABILITY, HEALTH, OR TRAVEL.
All international students (inbound exchange studfents, joint-degree students, degree / programme and guest students) at UiT The Arctic University of Norway must have adequate insurance coverage against theft, loss, illness and liability before they leave home. We strongly advise you to buy travel insurance and to insure coverage of emergency travel home in the event of serious illness or any force majeure during your period of studies or traineeship at UiT.
APPLY FOR STUDENT HOUSING
Please note that rooms at the student housing is reserved ONLY for students who apply within the following deadlines:
- 31 MAY (for students commencing in the autumn semester: August to December) and
- 30 NOVEMBER (for students commecning their traineeship in the spring semester: January to July).
VISA OPTIONS FOR INBOUND EXCHANGE STUDENTS
It is your responsibility to check which type of visa (NON-EU-EEA students) or registration (EU-EEA students) you will need and how to get it. If you arrive at UiT The Arctic University of Norway without the appropriate visa which permits you to study in Norway for the duration of your exchange, you may face troubles with the local Immigration Office at the Police Department. In some cases, you may have to leave Norway and re-enter in order to get your immigration permission corrected.
Last changed: 30.10.2023 10.17