Inbound Exchange Students: Health & Care Students
The Department of Health and Care Sciences is delighted to welcome Health & Care traineeship students within the following programmes: Bilateral (agreements with non-European universities), Erasmus+, Nordplus/Nordlys (network agreements with Nordic & Baltic universities) and North2North (network agreements with member universities of the UArctic).
How to apply for Exchange for Traineeships for clinical placements and internships (step-by-step instructions)
- At UiT The Arctic University of Norway, we currently welcome trainees for a maximum of 12 months. The minimum length of a traineeship is 3 months. However, for justified reasons the minimum duration of 2 months is accepted in following cases: the host department/supervisor/placement place is unable to offer a traineeship for over 2 months or it is decided in the curriculum that the duration of the traineeship is 2 months and it is not possible to include in the student's degree.
- The work during the traineeship should be full-time workload (at least 30 ECTS per semester or 30 hours/week) especially if you need a visa to enter Norway as a trainee. The traineeship needs to be fully recognized by the home university. However, for justified reasons other arrangments may be taken into consideration on an individual basis
- You must be enrolled as a student at your home institution and have an active student status / right. Students who will have graduated at the point of undertaking their traineeship would not be eligible candidates.
- To apply for Erasmus+ for traineeships (placement, internship or thesis work), you must be selected and electronically nominated by the Study Abroad or Exchange Coordinator at your home university. The nomination must be linked to a valid agreement with a Department at one of UiT's faculties.
- You must have a good command of English at B2 or C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Language proficiency requirements
- You must upload the mandatory documents and a Learning Agreement on UiT's Appllication Web Service within the specified deadlines.
- You must be physically onsite and actively participate in the traineeship activities.
CONTACT YOUR HOME UNIVERSITY
In order to apply for exchange for traineeships (placemnts & internship) within Health and Care Sciences (Ergotherapy, Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy & Radiography) at UiT, there must be a current Institutional Agreement in place between your home/sending university and UiT The Arctic University of Norway. Contact your home institution to discover if an agreement with the University exists and whether you can be nominated electronically to UiT.
- Nominations for the autumn semester: 1 MARCH (start) - 15 APRIL (deadline)
- Nominations for the spring semester: 1 SEPTEMBER (start) - 15 OCTOBER (deadline)
ACCESSING THE NOMINATION WEB (PARTNER UNIVERSITIES)
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (IN NORWEGIAN)
REGISTER YOUR APPLICATION
The registration is by invitation only! After your nomination, you will receive an invitation email from UiT to register your application. Please check your email account! If you are not sure, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTER ON APPLICATION WEB (SØKNADSWEB)
ACADEMIC CALENDAR UiT
PLAN YOUR TRAINEESHIP
Before completing the Learning Agreement for Traineeships (step number 4 below), you MUST contact your Exchange Coordinator at UiT to explore whether he or she can arrange a traineeship, placement / internship or thesis supervision for you. If you do not know the name of your Exchange Coordinator at UiT, please send an email to email@example.com.
COMPLETE YOUR LEARNING AGREEMENT FOR TRAINEESHIPS
The Learning Agreement form is a binding document. It must be signed and dated by: (1) yourself, (2) your Erasmus+ Coordinator at your home university, and (3) uploaded to the Application Web.
You will get the final signature in June for commencement in the autumn semester and November for commencement in the spring semester.
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION
You must upload the required documents on Application(Søknadsweb) withIN the submission deadlines:
- Spring Semester: 1 SEPTEMBER (application start) - 31 OCTOBER (deadline).
- Autumn Semester: 1 MARCH (application start) - 30 APRIL (deadline).
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
UPLOAD THE DOCUMENTS ON APPLICATION WEB
APPLY FOR HOUSING
After the submission of your application, you must apply for housing without delay to reserve a room. You can cancel your reservation later if you decide NOT to accept your offer of admission. You will receive your housing contract in July for the autumn semester and November for the spring semester.
Deadline for applying for housing: 31 MAY (autumn semester) and 30 NOVEMBER (spring semester).
ACCEPT OR DECLINE YOUR OFFER
Your application status will be "Under Review" until the final decision. Once your application is complete and we have received your final Learning Agreement from your Exchange Coordinator at UiT, you will receive a notification by email to accept or decline your offer of admission and download your Acceptance Letters.
The deadline for accepting or declining the offer of admission is specified in the "Notification of admission" email that was sent to you!
LOG IN THE APPLICATION WEB (SØKNADSWEB)
ADMISSION PROCES - AN OVERVIEW
IMMIGRATION ISSUES AND VISA OPTIONS
It is your responsibility to check which type of visa (NON-EU-EEA students) or registration (EU-EEA students) you will need and how to get it. If you arrive at UiT The Arctic University of Norway without the appropriate visa which permits you to study in Norway for the duration of your exchange, you may face troubles with the local Immigration Office at the Police Department. In some cases, you may have to leave Norway and re-enter in order to get your immigration permission corrected.
PRACTICAL ISSUES: START PLANNING YOUR ARRIVAL
STUDENT BUDGET & COST OF LIVING IN NORWAY
ORIENTATION PROGRAMME (Debut WEEK International)
STUDYING WITH DISABILITY
Students with a disability and special needs are entitled to adaptation of their daily student life and examination to ensure equal learning and educational opportunities.
Last changed: 17.04.2023 10.57