The Project Office
The Project Office delivers professional expertise in external finance, law and strategy to support the Faculty of Health Sciences' social mission in research and innovation. We are based in Tromsø and Harstad.
We are a group of lawyers, economists, scientists, communication qualities and leadership advisors that help researchers with questions about external funding, application writing, privacy, publishing etc., read more about how we can help you below.
The Project office also works closely with the Vice-dean for research and innovation at the Faculty of Health Sciences.
The group leader is Stian Røberg.
External financing and proposal support
Do you need support with your research proposal? The Project Office is there for you! Our dedicated advisors will provide individual support and advice, all year around for you!
- For assistance with the identification of funding sources , guidelines for your proposal design and support with the development of the proposal narrative , up-to-date information on proposal rules, -structures and -regulations, proposal evaluation for national and international funding sources, from draft to submission stage and workshops please contact Inge Waller Nilsen and/or Katarzyna (Kasia) Zamelczyk
For budgeting and finance support contact your advisor:
The quality of the assistance from the research advisors and economists depends on how early the applicant contacts the Project Office team. We are happy to assist those of you who are considering sending research applications to Horizon Europe, the Research Council of Norway, and different regional and national funding opportunities. Please note that the time course for developing different types of applications varies from 4 months (national and reginal funding) to more than 6 months.
Developing research career and opportunities
We support in developing research career and opportunities to obtain external activities for research
- R&D term and overseas scholarship for employees (Marita Pedersen)
- Research stays abroad and scholarship for postdoctoral fellow (Elisabeth Leithe Eriksen)
- Research stays abroad and scholarships for PhD students (Guro Pedersen)
- The incentive programs for particularly good applications (Marita Pedersen) (Incentive program, 2023)
- Research Group Leader Development Program – Development program for research group leaders and PIs on large research projects (Marita Pedersen)
- Development seminar for research group leaders (Marita Pedersen)
- Guide for internal support schemes provided by level 1 (EU evaluator)
Ethic and privacy rights and risk assessment
Research and innovation
The Project office works closely with the Vice-dean for research and innovation at the Faculty of Health Sciences providing:
- advice for the framework conditions for the Research Groups,
- the research groups' development plans
- annual review of the research activity at the Faculty of Health Sciences in "Research report"
- scientific strategy and measures of shorter duration
- Information and routines for application at UiT
- Project Establishment Support (PES) PES, UiT via UiT intranett
- Consultants for pre-award services and training towards external financing