Societal Security, Safety, Engineering, Environment and Emergency preparedness (S3E3)
The RG contributes to information sharing and scholarly debates in its field, thus creating synergies and new constellations for research and publication among its members. The aim is to maintain disciplinary plurality but at the same time benefit from multi- and interdisciplinary insights.The RG also functions as a forum to discuss and evaluate new project generation and funding opportunities. In terms of its members’ research and output, the RG aims at becoming a recognized consort of excellence in its field both nationally and internationally.
The scope of the RG is a subject to change and re-evaluation, depending on the development of its members’ research interests, new members and new projects. It is an aim of the RG to develop multidisciplinary research within the common fields of interest.
Societal security, safety and emergencies:
- Crisis and emergency management, including the whole range of the crisis cycle, i.e. prevention, preparedness, warning, response, recovery and other related dimensions.
- Critical infrastructure, i.e. an asset, system or part thereof, which is essential for the maintenance of vital societal functions, health, safety, security, economic or social well-being of people, and the disruption or destruction of which would have a significant impact as a result of the failure to maintain those functions.
- Safety management, i.e. a systematic approach to managing safety, including, but not limiting to, the necessary organizational structures, accountabilities, policies and procedures.
Environment and engineering
- Environmental management and risks, focusing, in a broad sense on the management of ecosystems and natural resources, and the environmental risks and potential harmful consequences of human activities on the environment.
Christer Pursiainen Prof.
Tlf.: (+47) 77660387
Improved risk evaluation and implementation of resilience
concepts to critical infrastructure (IMPROVER)
Funding: Horizon 2020.
Project period: May 2015 - May 2018
The Discipline of Societal Security in the Making:
Let's Make It Together!
Funding: Norwegian Council of Ministers
Project period: Jan 2017- December 2017.
Arctic Safety Centre, UNIS
Funding: Arktis 2030
Project Period: 2017-2019
VanProd-Innovation for Enhanced Production of Vanadium from Waste Streams in the Nordic Region
Funder: Interreg Nord
Project period: 2017.09.01-2020.08.31
MIN-NORTH Development, Evaluation and Optimization of Measures to Reduce the Impact on the Environment from Mining Activities in Northern Regions
Funder: Interreg Nord
Project period: 2016.01.01-2018.12.31
Maritime preparedness in the High North – Institutional partnership and coordination (MARPART)
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway- the Barents 2020 program
• The Nordland County Administration
• The University of Nordland
Project period: January 2014 - December 2016
Search and rescue in the High North (SARiNOR):
Work Package 3 «SEARCH»
Funding: Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Project period: 27.01.2015 – 19.06.2015