Housing for employees
UiT has a limited number of rental homes, which are primarily intended for new employees who move to Tromsø. We also have short-term rentals for guest researchers and other visitors at UiT.
Our guesthouse in Breiviklia 13 is located on campus in Tromsø and includes 22 dorm rooms (i.e. two rooms sharing bathroom and kitchen facilities) as well as one small flat/family room, which is adapted to someone with a physical disability/a wheelchair user. The rooms can be rented for a period of minimum of 5 days and a maximum of 2 months depending on capacity. Breiviklia 13 is available for any guests at UiT (students, visitors, guest lectures etc.). To apply for short term housing (up to 2 months' duration), please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We also have a few fully equipped guest apartments available, these units are initially intended for guest at the UiT for a period of 2–6 months. Please use the online application form (coming in 2021 – use this PDF form until the online form is ready) to apply for a guest researcher apartment.
- Address: Breiviklia 13, 9019 Tromsø
- Breiviklia 13 is not a hotel and therefore has no reception or door-man.
- Free wifi in all rooms (uit.guest).
- There will be clean linen and towels upon arrival.
- Kitchen is equipped with basic kitchenware.
- Common laundry room on each floor.
- It is not possible to receive mail in Breiviklia 13.
- There are no parking possibilities in Breiviklia 13.
- Pets are not allowed in Breiviklia 13.
- The rooms are intended for 1 person, you are not allowed to have overnight guests in your room (except for the family room).
- Bathroom and floor of kitchen and eating area is cleaned once a week by a cleaning company.
- On departure day, the key should be left before 12:00 noon in the white box on the 1st floor marked “key-drop”.
UiT has a number of housing options for new UiT employees/PhD students, ranging from dorm rooms to family apartments located in the different areas in Tromsø. We urge all applicants to search for housing elsewhere, even if you have applied with us, as the number of applicants is larger than the number of flats. Rental contracts are only issued for 1 year, no extensions.
Who can apply for long term housing?
- Only new employees/PhDs or postdocs moving to Tromsø can apply for University housing. Employees who are living in Tromsø at the time of appointment will not be allocated a flat.
- Since the number of applicants is higher than the number of apartments we priorities applicants from the following groups:
- Applicants who need to apply for a visa.
- Non-Scandinavian applicants with children.
- Other applicants (not already living in Tromsø) who is somehow believed to have greater difficulties finding housing privately. The reason may be economic, social, cultural, special needs etc.
Please see the house rules, including instructions for moving in/out.
Questions? Please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for short term housing should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
Application for long term housing should be sent via online application form (coming in 2021 – use this PDF form until the online form is ready)
Keys can be picked up at the housing office Operations central room 102 by appointment.
Page editor: Tøllefsen, Merethe Morland
|House rules UiT|