Anita Movik Simensen
Assistant Professor in Mathematics Education
- Golishnikova, Elena; Simensen, Anita Movik. The role of mathematical education in the formation of a modern personality in the context of socio-cultural transformation in the arctic. 2020 ISBN 978-5-4222-0429-8.s 176 - 181.
- Simensen, Anita Movik; Olsen, Mirjam Harkestad. Tasks that enhance creative reasoning: supporting gifted pupils in inclusive education systems. WTM Verlag 2019 ISBN 978-3-95987-131-0.s 202 - 208.
- Huru, Hilja Lisa; Räisänen, Anna-Kaisa; Simensen, Anita Movik. Culturally based mathematics tasks: a framework for designing tasks from traditional Kven artefacts and knowledge. Nordisk matematikkdidaktikk 2018; Volum 23 (3-4). ISSN 1104-2176.s 123 - 142.
- Simensen, Anita Movik; Fuglestad, Anne Berit; Vos, Pauline. How much space for communication is there for a low achieving student in a heterogeneous group?. European Society for Research in Mathematics Education 2015 ISBN 978-80-7290-844-8.s 467 - 473.
- Simensen, Anita Movik; Anundsen, Inger Wallem. Matematikk i naturfag - et kompetansehevingsprosjekt for barnehagen. MONA Matematikk og naturfagdidaktik 2013 (2). ISSN 1604-8628.s 7 - 23.
My two main research interests are (1) adapted teaching in mathematics in inclusive classrooms and (2) nature as learning space for mathematics in kindergarten and primary school.
Current research projects:
LiMa - Learning opportunities in Mathematics for all, my PhD-project where I am investigating mathematical learning opportunities in groupwork for 8. Graders who are considered low performing in mathematics.
ROM - a project where we study gifted students' mathematical reasoning when working with peers in their regular classroom and when working with other gifted students at the national talent centres.
Click for bigger map