- Martiny-Huenger, Torsten; Roth, Jenny. Effects of self-instructed stimulus-affect plans on indirectly measured and self-reported evaluative responses. Acta Psychologica 2022; Volum 223. ISSN 0001-6918.s doi: 10.1016/j.actpsy.2021.103485.
- Hopstock, Laila Arnesdatter; Deraas, Trygve Sigvart; Henriksen, André; Martiny-Huenger, Torsten; Grimsgaard, Sameline. Changes in adiposity, physical activity, cardiometabolic risk factors, diet, physical capacity and well-being in inactive women and men aged 57-74 years with obesity and cardiovascular risk – A 6-month complex lifestyle intervention with 6-month follow-up. PLOS ONE 2021. ISSN 1932-6203.s doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0256631.
- Stephensen, Matthew; Martiny-Huenger, Torsten. Liking and Perceived Safety across Judgments of Distinct Instances of a Category of Activity. (data) Journal of Risk Research 2021. ISSN 1366-9877.s doi: 10.1080/13669877.2021.1905693.
- Martiny-Huenger, Torsten; Bieleke, Maik; Doerflinger, Johannes T.; Stephensen, Matthew; Gollwitzer, Peter M.. Deliberation Decreases the Likelihood of Expressing Dominant Responses. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review 2020. ISSN 1069-9384.s doi: 10.3758/s13423-020-01795-8.
- Martiny-Huenger, Torsten; Martiny, Sarah E.; Parks-Stamm, Elizabeth J.; Pfeiffer, Elisa; Gollwitzer, Peter. M.. From conscious thought to automatic action: A simulation account of action planning. Journal of experimental psychology. General 2017; Volum 146. ISSN 0096-3445.s 1513 - 1525.s doi: 10.1037/xge0000344.
- Doerflinger, Johannes T.; Martiny-Huenger, Torsten; Gollwitzer, Peter. M.. Planning to deliberate thoroughly: If-then planned deliberation increases the adjustment of decisions to newly available information. (fulltekst) Journal of Experimental Social Psychology 2016; Volum 69. ISSN 0022-1031.s 1 - 12.s doi: 10.1016/j.jesp.2016.10.006.
- Martiny, Sarah E.; Gleibs, Ilka H.; Parks-Stamm, Elizabeth J.; Martiny-Huenger, Torsten; Froehlich, Laura; Harter, Anna-Lena; Roth, Jenny. Dealing with negative stereotypes in sports: The role of cognitive anxiety when multiple identities are activated in sensorimotor tasks. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology (JSEP) 2015; Volum 37 (4). ISSN 0895-2779.s 379 - 392.s doi: 10.1123/jsep.2014-0284.
- Martiny-Huenger, Torsten; Gollwitzer, Peter M.; Oettingen, Gabriele. Distractor devaluation in a flanker task: Object-specific effects without distractor recognition memory. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance 2014; Volum 40. ISSN 0096-1523.s 613 - 625.s doi: 10.1037/a0034130.
- Martiny-Huenger, Torsten; Gollwitzer, Peter M.; Oettingen, Gabriele. Selective attention to in- and outgroup members systematically influences intergroup bias. Social Psychological and Personality Science 2014; Volum 5. ISSN 1948-5506.s 936 - 943.s doi: 10.1177/1948550614541296.
- [Jan 2022] New Manuscript accepted for publication: A self-regulation strategy to reduce "liking" of specific unhealthy snacks. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actpsy.2021.103485)
- [10.08.2020] New Manuscript accepted for publication: We provide a novel twist on the idea of how deliberation influences our decisions and actions (https://doi.org/10.3758/s13423-020-01795-8)
- Interview: Tidkrevende endring: https://2018.remiksarsmelding.no/miljoverktoyet/tidkrevende-endring/
- [17.04.2019] Talk at the Teap 2019 in London: Deliberation decreases the likelihood of expressing dominant responses (Torsten Martiny-Huenger)
- [16.04.2019] Talk at the TeaP 2019 in London: How the Attractiveness of a Stimulus Influences Risk Judgements (Matthew Stephensen & Torsten Martiny-Huenger)
- [06.12.2018] “When to think carefully and when better not: How characteristics of situations - and not characteristics of deliberation - determine deliberation outcomes” (Torsten Martiny-Huenger, Talk at the Dept. of Psychology's research seminar, Tromsø, Norway).
- [22.11.2018] "Deliberation decreases the likelihood of expressing dominant responses – Not more, not less" (Torsten Martiny-Huenger, Talk at the 19th Conference of Social Psychology and Community Psychology, Trondheim, Norway).
- [Sep. 2018] I am recruiting a paid student research assistant (min. 100 hours, Oct.-Dec. 2018). The work includes organizing and conducting a laboratory experiment (i.e., schedule and guide participants through the experiment). If you are interested, please write a short “application” e-mail (no formal requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest in the position and where you are currently in your studies (e.g., which semester, etc.).
- [Sep. 2018] I am recruiting a “studentstipend” to work on a project on the BASICS of SELF-REGULATION and ACTION CONTROL (~170 payed hours between Oct. 2018-June 2019). Open to students at MA or Profesjon-level. If you are interested write me an e-mail to receive further information or look out for information on respective MA/Profesjon e-mail lists.
- [Aug. 2018] I welcome Yevhen Damanskyy as a new PhD student in my work group and to the Department of Psychology. His PhD work will relate to topics of self-regulation and action control.
- [June 2018] The winners of recent study-participation giftcards (8 winners of 500 NOK each) have been contacted.
- [June 2018] Recently finished (2018) BA & MA theses
Study Participation Opportunities
Due to the Corona virus situation, there are currently no laboratory studies available.
Click for bigger map