Manuel K Langer
Doctoral Research Fellow, Chemical Synthesis and Analysis
Fouling (growth of bacteria and bigger structures on solid surfaces) on marine vessels has a huge impact on fuel consumption and the costs for shipping companies. The highly interdisciplinary AntifoMar project aims for the identification and total synthesis of natural products, isolated from sessile marine invertebrates, which have anti-fouling and anti-biofilm properties. My part in this project is the delopment of synthetic routes for this those compounds and potentialle improve their activity by making drug like analouges.
- Paulsen, Marianne Hagensen; Engqvist, Magnus; Ausbacher, Dominik; Anderssen, Trude; Langer, Manuel K-; Haug, Tor; Morello, Glenn Robert; Liikanen, Laura; Blencke, Hans-Matti; Isaksson, Johan; Juskewitz, Eric; Bayer, Annette; Strøm, Morten B.. Amphipathic Barbiturates as Mimics of Antimicrobial Peptides and the Marine Natural Products Eusynstyelamides with Activity against Multi-resistant Clinical Isolates. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 2021; Volum 64 (15). ISSN 0022-2623.s 11395 - 11417.s doi: 10.1021/acs.jmedchem.1c00734.
- Synthesis of tetra-substituted hydantions
- selective alkylation of hydantoins
- targeted substitution of barbituric acid
Fall 2018: KJE-1001 - Introduction into chemistry and chemical biology
- Supervision of laboratory exercises
Member of research group