For partners: nomination of students
|International cooperation is a precondition in order for UiT The Arctic University of Norway to offer outstanding education and world-leading research for students, trainees, researchers, academic groups and staff from our partner universities.||In this portal you will find a short overview over our exchange agreements, the procedure to nominate your student to UiT and information about the admission process for exchange students at UiT.|
The International Office at UiT handles applications for exchange students in collaboration with our various faculties at our various campuses. We accept students through the following exchange programmes:
- Erasmus +
- Fellowship Programme for Studies in the High North
- Bilateral agreements
- EEA/Norway Grants
- Russian-Norwegian partnership programme (RUSSUT)
Erasmus+ Placements/Internship: students must apply within the same deadline as regular exchange students.
Important Notice: exchange students must be physically onsite and actively participate in courses. Application for online courses does not entitle the student for exchange status.
Log into the Nomination Web (nominasjonsweb): Click here to proceed (choose institution: UiT Norges arktiske universitet)
Username: Your username is the e-mail address at which you have received an e-mail from UiT The Arctic University of Norway's International Office.
Password: To log in the first time you must request a password via the login page. Enter your username and click on "Send password".
Choose relevant agreement: After logging in, you will see the agreements between your institution and UiT (the ones you are responsible for). Select the relevant agreement from the list and choose “Add new nomination” to nominate a student.
Register nominated students: Add the student's information starting with the student's e-mail address. Please ensure you enter the correct data in all fields, including the following (which are filled in by default): correct Name/Surname (as appears in the student's passport), Gender, Date of birth (using the format YYYY.MM.DD), Citizenship, Language: English and the correct semester(s) for admission.
After completing the student's information, click on "Add Nomination" to save the data. After approx. 30 minutes, the system will send an automatically generated e-mail to the nominated student's e-mail address (with instructions on how to apply), and a copy to you. If you wish to cancel the nomination of the student, an e-mail will not be sent if you cancel the nomination by clicking on the delete button (a red circle with white cross) within 30 minutes.
Please note that the student data you have entered cannot be edited once it has been saved by clicking "Add Nomination". If you have typed incorrect data, you must delete the nomination using the delete button and then click “Add New Nomination” to start the process again.
Experiencing technical problems? First-time user? Contact email@example.com (please specify the agreement and the campus at which the student is nominated)
Student application: When you have finished the nomination, the students you have nominated will receive an e-mail from UiT confirming that they have been nominated by your institution. The students will receive further instructions about how to complete their application via UiT's Application Web (SøknadsWeb).
Student application status: You can keep track of each student's status by logging onto the online Nomination Web at any time. On the “Available agreements and admission” webpage, you may see all relevant agreements and the application status of your nominated students; nominated, applied, admission granted, withdrawn etc. You may also upload further documents for each student.
NOMINATION DEADLINES1 OCT (Spring intake)
15 APR (Autumn intake)
- The International Office will check whether the application for exchange is complete, in conformity with the General Admission Requirements and linked to a valid exchange agreement within the field of study between UiT and our partner university.
- The student application will then be submitted for processing to the faculty at which the student wish to study. The faculties base their decisions regarding admission on the applicant's academic performance and whether he or she has fully completed the application form and learning agreement.
- If the student has been accepted as an exchange student to UiT, the International Office will send an information package including the student's "Letter of Admission" via e-mail.
- Non-EU/EEA students will receive a "Letter for Housing Guarantee" in their information package so that they can attach it to their application for a student visa (Study Permit).
Thank you for continuing cooperating with UiT The Arctic University of Norway!
General admission requirements
Exchange students are expected to:
- Students should be nominated by the international mobility coordinator at their home university
- Nominated students should have completed at least one year of university studies
- Nominated students should have a good command of English, B1
- Proof of financial ability (Only for Non-EU/Swiss students)
Non-EU/Swiss exchange students with scholarships: your proof of financial/subsistence ability for student visa purposes is already covered by your scholarships and mentioned in the Letter of Admission.
Last changed: 13.01.2017 10.18
- 1 MARCH 2017
- 1 OCT (Spring intake)
- 15 APR (Autumn intake)
Erasmus Code: N TROMS001