Erasmus+ inbound exchange students: Apply for for Studies - courses only (step-by-step instructions)
This website is for exchange students coming to UiT on the Erasmus+ programme with European universities. UiT Erasmus+ Code is N TROMSO 01
How to apply for Erasmus+ Exchange for Studies - only courses (step-by-step instructions)
- The maximum period for an Erasmus+ exchange at UiT is limited to one academic year (i.e. two semesters). This applies regardless of whether there were two non-contiguous semesters.
- To apply for Erasmus+ exchange to UiT, you must be selected and electronically nominated by the Erasmus+ / Exchange Coordinator at your home university. The nomination must be linked to a valid Erasmus+ agreement with a Department at one of UiT's faculties.
- You must be currently enrolled at an institution.
- You must have a good command of English at B2 or C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Language proficiency requirements
- You must upload the mandatory documents and an Erasmus+ Learning Agreement on UiT's Appllication Web Service within the specified deadlines.
- You must be physically onsite and actively participate in courses and examinations. Application for only online course modules does not entitle you for exchange status at UiT.
CONTACT YOUR HOME UNIVERSITY
In order to undertake an Erasmus+ exchange for studies (only courses) at UiT, there must be a current Institutional Agreement in place between your department of study at your sending university and the host department at one of the fauclties at UiT. Contact your home institution to discover if an agreement with the University exists and whether you can be nominated electronically to UiT.
- Nominations for the autumn semester: 15 MARCH (start) - 15 APRIL (deadline)
- Nominations for the spring semester: 15 SEPTEMBER (start) - 15 OCTOBER (deadline)
ACCESS TO NOMINATION WEB (FOR PARTNER UNIVERSITIES)
LIST OF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES (in Norwegian)
REGISTER YOUR APPLICATION
The registration is by invitation only. After your nomination, you will receive an invitation email from UiT to register your application. Please check your email account! If you are not sure, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SELECT YOUR COURSE(S)
All Erasmus+ students: you must take the majority of your courses with the host Erasmus+ Department/School at UiT that holds the Erasmus+ partnership agreement with your department/faculty at your home university.
ADD SELECTED COURSES TO LEARNING AGREEMENT
The Learning Agreement form is a binding document. It must be signed and dated by: (1) yourself, (2) your Erasmus+ Coordinator at your home university, and (3) uploaded to the Application Web.
You will get the final signature in June (for commencement in the autumn semester) and November (for commencement in the spring semester).
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION
You must upload the required documents on Application(Søknadsweb) with the submission deadlines:
- Spring Semester: 15 SEPTEMBER (application start) - 31 OCTOBER (deadline).
- Autumn Semester: 15 MARCH (application start) - 30 APRIL (deadline).
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
UPLOAD THE DOCUMENTS ON APPLICATION WEB
APPLY FOR HOUSING
After the submission of your application, you must apply for housing without delay to reserve a room. You can cancel your reservation later if you decide NOT to accept your offer of admission. You will receive your housing contract in July for the autumn semester and November for the spring semester.
Deadline for applying for housing: 31 MAY (autumn semester) and 30 NOVEMBER (spring semester).
ACCEPT OR DECLINE YOUR OFFER
Your application status will be "Under Review" until the final decision. You will receive a notification by email in June (for commencement in the autumn semester) and December (for commencement in the spring semester) to accept or decline your offer of admission.
The deadline for accepting or declining the offer of admission is specified in the "Notification of admission" email that was sent to you!
LOG IN THE APPLICATION WEB (SØKNADSWEB)
ADMISSION PROCES - AN OVERVIEW
IMMIGRATION ISSUES AND VISA OPTIONS
It is your responsibility to check which type of visa (NON-EU-EEA students) or registration (EU-EEA students) you will need and how to get it. If you arrive at UiT The Arctic University of Norway without the appropriate visa which permits you to study in Norway for the duration of your exchange, you may face troubles with the local Immigration Office at the Police Department. In some cases, you may have to leave Norway and re-enter in order to get your immigration permission corrected.
PRACTICAL ISSUES: START PLANNING YOUR ARRIVAL
STUDENT BUDGET & COST OF LIVING IN NORWAY
ORIENTATION PROGRAMME (Debut WEEK International)
STUDYING WITH DISABILITY
Students with a disability and special needs are entitled to adaptation of their daily student life and examination to ensure equal learning and educational opportunities.
Last changed: 13.04.2023 14.00