Project- & scholarships-based Inbound Exchange for Studies (course modules): step-by-step instructions
This website is for scholarship- and project-based exchange students who are nominated to UiT through the following programmes: Erasmus+ Global (non-European universities), EURASIA (universities from the Eurasia region), INTPART (International Partnerships for Excellent Education, Research and Innovation), NORHED (universities from developing countries), NORPART (Norwegian Partnership for Global Academic Cooperation), NOTED (Norwegian Partnership for International Teacher Education) & UTFORSK (Cooperation with universities in Brazil, Canada, China, India, Japan, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, and the USA).
How to apply for Exchange for Studies - only courses (step-by-step instructions)
- The maximum period for exchange studies at UiT is limited to one academic year (i.e. two semesters). This applies regardless of whether there were two non-contiguous semesters.
- You must be electronically nominated by the Project Coordinator at UiT or home institution.
- You must currently be enrolled at your university.
- You must have a good command of English at B2 or C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Language proficiency requirements
- You must upload the mandatory documents and an Learning Agreement on UiT's Appllication Web Service within the specified deadlines.
- You must be physically onsite and actively participate in courses and examinations. Application for only online course modules does not entitle you for exchange status at UiT.
CONTACT THE PROJECT COORDINATOR FOR NOMINATION
In order to apply for exchange for studies (only courses or a combination of courses and seminars) at UiT, there must be a formal project agreement between your sending institution and UiT. Contact your Project Coordinator to discover whether you can be nominated electronically to UiT.
- Nominations for the autumn semester: 15 MARCH (start) - 15 APRIL (deadline)
- Nominations for the spring semester: 15 SEPTEMBER (start) - 15 OCTOBER (deadline)
REGISTER YOUR APPLICATION
The registration is by invitation only. After your nomination, you will receive an invitation email from UiT to register your application. Please check your email account! If you are not sure about how to register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SELECT YOUR COURSE(S)
Please make sure to contact your Project Coordinator for help with regard to the selection of the courses for your Learning Agreement. Courses taught in the autumn semester are updated on 15 March and on 15 September for the spring semester. If you are not sure about the name of your Coordinator, send an email to email@example.com.
ADD SELECTED COURSES TO LEARNING AGREEMENT
The Learning Agreement is a binding document. It must be signed and dated by: (1) yourself, (2) your Project Coordinator at your home university and the Project/Exchange Coordinator at UiT The Arctic University of Norway., and (3) uploaded to the Application Web.
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION
You must upload the required documents on Application Web (Søknadsweb) within the submission deadlines:
- Spring Semester: 15 SEPTEMBER (application start) - 31 OCTOBER (deadline).
- Autumn Semester: 15 MARCH (application start) - 30 APRIL (deadline).
APPLY FOR HOUSING
After the submission of your application, you must apply for housing without delay to reserve a room. You can cancel your reservation later if you decide NOT to accept your offer of admission. You will receive your housing contract in July for the autumn semester and November for the spring semester. Deadline for applying for housing: 31 MAY (autumn semester) and 30 NOVEMBER (spring semester).
ACCEPT OR DECLINE YOUR OFFER
Your application status will be "Under Review" until the final decision. Once your application is complete, you will receive a notification by email to accept or decline your offer of admission and download your Acceptance Letters.
The deadline for accepting or declining the offer of admission is specified in the "Notification of admission" email that was sent to you!
LOG IN THE APPLICATION WEB (SØKNADSWEB)
ADMISSION PROCES - AN OVERVIEW
IMMIGRATION ISSUES AND VISA OPTIONS
It is your responsibility to check which type of visa (NON-EU-EEA students) or registration (EU-EEA students) you will need and how to get it. If you arrive at UiT The Arctic University of Norway without the appropriate visa which permits you to study in Norway for the duration of your exchange, you may face troubles with the local Immigration Office at the Police Department. In some cases, you may have to leave Norway and re-enter in order to get your immigration permission corrected.
PRACTICAL ISSUES: START PLANNING YOUR ARRIVAL
STUDENT BUDGET & COST OF LIVING IN NORWAY
ORIENTATION PROGRAMME (Debut WEEK International)
STUDYING WITH DISABILITY
Students with a disability and special needs are entitled to adaptation of their daily student life and examination to ensure equal learning and educational opportunities.
Last changed: 13.04.2023 15.15