Incoming exchange students: formal eligibility requirements for exchange
Do you meet the eligibility requirements for student exchange at UiT?
You should start the planning of your student exchange as early as you have received an invitation email from UiT to apply for exchange, preferably one week before the documentation submission deadline. You should have completed at least one academic year at your home university, and the subjects or traineeship you plan to take at UiT must fit into your education at home university.
- Who can apply for exchange?
- How long you can stay as an exchange student?
- What can you study?
- What are the traineeship / internship opportunities?
- Do you have more questions?
- What the students say
- You must be nominated on a valid exchange agreement by your home university to come to UiT as an exchange student.
- You must have received an invitation email from UiT to apply for semester exchange.
- You must be currently enroled at your home university.
- You must have a good command of English language at B2 or C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Language proficiency requirements
- Your must be physically onsite and actively participate in courses and examinations. Application for only online course modules does not entitle you for exchange status at UiT.
For questions about eligibility requirements, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The maximum period for semester exchange at UiT is limited to one academic year (i.e. two semesters). This applies regardless of whether there were two non-contiguous semesters.
You must be studying at the appropriate bachelor or master level. You should also be studying in a similar subject area at your home university, and meet the prerequisites for each course you plan to take at UiT.
We currently welcome trainees for a maximum of 12 months from our partner universities.
Please note: the following departments at UiT - Medicine and Health & Care Science (nursing, radiography, midwifery, etc.) ONLY accepts students coming from universities that have a valid agreement with those departments.
For more information about traineeships for inbound students, please see this website: INBOUND EXCHANGE STUDENTS: TRAINEESHIPS / INTERNSHIPS AT UiT
- For questions about application procedures, admission, housing, orientation programme, academic year, student visa, please send an email to email@example.com.
- For questions about course requirements and prerequisites, please send an email to the exchange coordinator at your department at UiT Exchange coordinators at the faculties | UiT.
It’s useful to hear a bit about other UiT students who have been on a student exchange abroad. Scroll down or click on a country to read useful information from the students who have acquired international experience through a student exchange.
Last changed: 22.02.2024 13.33