MBI-3011 Literature study with thesis and oral presentation - 10 ECTS
Objective of the course
Knowledge. After completion of the course, the student have increased their knowledge:
- On a specific topic in relation to their Master Thesis
- On how to read, understand, and give a summary of the topic
Skills. The student should learn to:
- find scientific literature on a given subject with relevance to his/her master degree project.
- extract necessary information from different sources (advanced textbooks, scientific articles and reviews) and design two different presentations of the material.
- present the collected material in a short written thesis, and be able to give an oral presentation of the collected material.
Expertise. After completion of the course, the student are able to:
- write a literature review of a given topic.
- give an oral presentation of a literature review.
Coursework requirements: The thesis must be approved before the oral presentation. Should the student fail the coursework requirements, or miss the deadline, he/she will have to do the course over again next time the course runs. The student will then be presented with a new topic, and cannot re-use their original project.
The thesis and the oral presentation will be assessed together. The deadline for the thesis submission will be one week before the oral presentation.
The presentation will be announced at the faculty one week before the examination date. There will be one date for the presentation in the autumn semester (week 50) and one date in the spring semester (week 21). The dates for the presentations will be announced at the start of each semester. Grade type: Alphabetical grades (A-F)
If a student is unable to present his/her project due to valid reasons, a postponed examination will be arranged at the earliest convenience. There will not be arranged a re-sit exam for this course. If a student should fail his/her presentation he/she will be presented with a new topic, and must do the examination next time the course runs.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: MBI-3011
- Responsible unit
- Department of Medical Biology