SVF-3555 Marine Planning - 10 ECTS
Upon successful completion of the course, the candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and general competencies:
Knowledge and understanding:
- Advanced understanding of theories, methods and concepts used in marine planning.
- Deep understanding of and ability to address challenges in marine planning; especially those related to fisheries and aquaculture developments.
- Be able to apply knowledge gained to address practical issues related to marine planning.
- Be able to reflect over and discuss existing and innovative theories, methods and solutions utilized in marine planning, in particular addressing fisheries and aquaculture industry development in relation to marine planning.
- Be able to collaborate, communicate and critically reflect over present and future challenges in marine planning.
- Analyse relevant scientific issue within the subject field.
- Use acquired knowledge and skills in new areas to carry out advanced work tasks and projects
- Disseminate independent work and master the professional terminology in the subject area.
- Communication regarding academic issues, analysis and conclusions within the subject area, with specialists and the public.
One-week home exam. The grading scale is A-F, where F is fail.
- Four assignments (written or oral)
- Participation in a workshop dealing with marine planning
All work requirements must be fulfilled before you can sit for the final exam.
A re-sit exam will be arranged in the next semester.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: SVF-3555
- Responsible unit
- The Norwegian College of Fishery Science