SPL-3010 Culture, Politics and Planning - 10 ECTS
Bachelor degree in a social science subject is required as a general rule.
The minimum average grade requirement is:
- C - for bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand
- B - for bachelor's degree or equivalent issued in all other countries
The course requires solid competence in reading and writing English.
Application code: 9371.
The students have the following learning outcomes:
The student has:
- A basic theoretical insight in challenges of development and North-South relations with special emphasis on aspects of culture and planning and the interfaces of culture and planning.
The student is able to:
- Make sense of historical and current perspectives on culture, knowledge production, social capital, gender and planning with relevance for development and NGOs.
- Competent application of theoretical and analytical concepts relevant to culture, planning and development
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
|Off campus exam||12.12.2022 09:00 (Hand out)
19.12.2022 14:00 (Hand in)
|1 Weeks||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Obligatory attendance||Approved – not approved|
|Presentation of an article||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: SPL-3010
- Responsible unit
- Department of Social Sciences