GENI Elective Courses Fall 2021
All of the following courses are eligible for use as electives in the GENI program.
Note that some of these have particular educational prerequisites. For your personal eligibility to take these courses, please carefully read the linked course description, particularly under the headings “Type of course” and “Admission requirements.” Some require you to contact the course administrator for permission to enroll.
The courses listed as potential electives are only acceptable if it can be demonstrated that the course relates to your thesis. Please contact Jonathan via email (email@example.com) if one of them interests you.
Other English-language UiT courses at the master’s level (identifiable by their 3XXX number) might also be possible. Please feel free to browse the complete course listing (https://en.uit.no/education/courses) and consult with Jonathan if you find something interesting.
- Students who began the program prior to 2019 require 20 ECTS of “Group B” electives.
- Students who began in Fall 2019 or later require only 5 ECTS.
These courses may be located at various UiT campuses. Note that this semester, many courses normally offered on on-campus are being offered online as well. This may be a great opportunity to take a course which would otherwise be unavailable to you. Please contact the relevant instructor to enquire about taking a course remotely. If the course page does not indicate the instructor, please let Iselin or Jonathan know.
- HIS-3005 History of Indigenous Peoples - Indigenous people, ethnic minorities and the multi-cultural society in the North - 10 ECTS
- IND-3015 The Arctic Council and the Indigenous Permanent Participants - 5 ECTS
- IND-3025 Introduction to Indigenous Studies - 10 ECTS
- BIO-3009 Arctic Marine Pollution - 10 ECTS
- BIO-3013 Northern food web ecology - 10 ECTS
- BIO-3015 Arctic Marine System Ecology and Climate Change - 10 ECTS
- GEO-3120 Management of the Petroleum Resources - 10 ECTS
- HEL-3011 Peace, Health and Medical Work - 10 ECTS
- HIF-3620 Indigenous Revitalization - Languages, Literature and Arts - 10 ECTS
- REI-3011 Tourism theory and the tourist experience - 10 ECTS
- REI-3012 Nature and tourism in an era of climate change - 10 ECTS
- REI-3013 Indigenous Heritages in Tourism - 10 ECTS
- SVF-3021 Integrated Peace and Conflict Studies - 20 ECTS
- SVF-3022 Culture, Conflict and Society - 10 ECTS
- SVF-3207 Resilience - 10 ECTS