Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology
The research group is using a combination of experimental and theoretical methods to study molecular mechanism of drugs and toxic substances, and to identify new compounds with a putative therapeutic potential.
The research activity is focusing on:
- Molecular mechanisms of receptors and transporters in the CNS
- New molecules with a therapeutic potential in the treatment of psychiatric disease
- Develop risk assessment tools for characterizing exposure to marine biomolecules
- Molecular mechanisms involved in hypersensivity to marine biomolecules
- Molecular mechanism and inhibition of bacterial and human zinc proteases