Marbio – an analytical platform for natural products
Marbio is an analytical platform at the University of Tromsø - for screening, isolation and identification of bioactive natural products / molecules.
Marbio prepares and screens fraction libraries from extracts provided by Marbank and provides technology and competence within the area of high-throughput screening and natural products drug discovery. The workflow in Marbio relies heavily on automation of sample handling, preparation and analysis, and this is true for all the three workstations; purification, bioactivity screening and identification.
The tight integration of robust screening assays, early identification of known compounds and bioassay-guided purification of novel bioactive compounds is of great advantage.
- Autopurification HPLC (isolation of natural products)
- High-resolution MS (dereplication)
- Biomek minicore system (liquid handler, CO2 incubator, plate washer, barecode reader, plate reader, shakers, integrated with SCARA)
- Biomed3000 (antimicrobial screening)
- Precison liquid handler (kinase screening)
- Envision Alphascreen multimode detector
- High-resolution MS-MS and ion mobility (dereplication)
- Liquid hander/ plate reader
- Q-Pix colony picker
The Marbio screening program:
- Anti-inflammatory activities
Postal adress information:
UiT- The Arctic University of Norway
Siva innovation centre
P.O Box 6060
SIVA Innovation centre
UiT Norges Arktiske Universitet
P.O Box 6050