Arctic Technology & Icing Research Group
Arctic Technology & Icing Research Group focuses on developing improved scientific understanding of atmospheric ice accretion physics and Arctic cold climate technology. The research group covers wide range of topics related to cold climate technology, which mainly includes:
- Wind Energy in Cold Climate
- Atmospheric Ice Accretion on Structures.
- Ice Detection & Mitigation.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics\ Multiphase Flows.
- Cold Climate Technology.
These research topics covers analytical, numerical and experimental analysis. The research group members has good experience and wide research network on national and international level. This research group has a good lab based and computational resources based research infrastructure to carry out advance research activities to meet the industrial demands. This includes:
- Cold Climate Chamber.
- Portable Spray Bar System.
- Icing Wind Tunnel.
- Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) System.
- Subsonic Wind Tunnel.
- Meteorological Ice Monitoring Station.
- Cluster of advance computational software’s for micro and meso scale numerical simulations.
The research group has strong link with industry, universities and research organizations on national and international level and has been awarded with various national and international research grants.
Professor Muhammad Shakeel Virk