Selcted resources in the field of structural bioinformatics. The idea is to collect attactive tools to perfrom Structural Bioinformatics :
- Elixir has a web page with tools and resources in the field of structural bioinformatics.
- A version of the structure prediction program AlphaFold through "Colab notebook".
- AlphaFold Protein Structure Database. This database provides open access to > 200 million protein structure predictions to accelerate scientific research.
- The SWISS-MODEL Repository is a database of annotated 3D protein structure models generated by the SWISS-MODEL homology-modelling pipeline.
- SWISS-MODEL Workspace
Some general aspects of diagnosing of bacterial infections
Samples can be from e.g.
- Cerebrospinal fluid
- Mucus (from nose/throat/genital area)
It is important to identify type of organism, anf if the bacteria is
- gram positive (blue because they retain the violet Gram stain) or
- gram negative (look red because they do not retain the stain)
Diagnostic tests for infectious diseases
- PCR (polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based test)
- Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) technologies
- point-of-care testing (POCT)
A way to observe the susceptibility rates and in addition monitor antibiotic resistance.
A summary of in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility test results of a bacteria and/or fungi taken from a patient.
References on diagnostics
Last updated: 08.11.2023 13:43