Nordic applicants: 15th of April
International applicants: 15th of November
How to apply?
The discipline focuses on knowledge and skills in handling of measurement data to design, analyze and/or control advanced processes, and implementation of integrated automation solutions using embedded systems.
- has a solid basis in engineering in general and advanced level of knowledge in one of the disciplines offered.
- has advanced knowledge about the scientific theory and methods of engineering, engineering challenges and solutions related to industrial activities especially in the Arctic.
- can apply their knowledge to new technological areas.
- can analyze academic problems of engineering based on the history, traditions and uniqueness of technology.
- has a thorough knowledge and understanding of key theoretical and practical concepts and terminology in automation technology.
- has knowledge of advanced theoretical and practical modeling and simulation tools for automation technology
- has thorough knowledge of the theoretical foundation of advanced control techniques based on optimal control and state estimation
- has advanced knowledge and understanding of the elements of state of the art of embedded systems
- has knowledge of advanced concepts in selected optional topics
- can analyze existing theories, methods and interpretations within technology and safety.
- can apply theoretical concepts and terminology of risk and reliability engineering in analysis of complex technical systems and operations in a harsh environment.
- can critically read and analyze miscellaneous sources of information, and use the information for structuring and formulating academic argumentation within the chosen field of study.
- can work independently with problem solving in their disciplines.
- can carry out an independent, limited research/development project under supervision and in accordance with applicable norms for research ethics.
- can use of existing knowledge and theories in automation technology for advanced analysis, planning and solving of automation related problems
- can se advanced theory and practical tools to optimization-based controllers for real advanced processes with multiple inputs and/or multiple outputs.
- can iplement integrated solutions using embedded system
- can critically read, cite, analyze and understand scientific literature
- can independently communicate scientific information clearly and precisely, both written and oral forms for both general public and specialists in the field.
- can apply his/her knowledge and skills in new areas, for solving advanced working tasks and also in contribution to innovation.
- can reflect on their professional practice, work in groups, manage report writing, presentation, and function in a multi-disciplinary team.
|Term||10 ects||10 ects||10 ects|
|1st Semester (Autumn)||
|2nd Semester (Spring)||
|3rd Semester (Autumn)||
|4th Semester (Spring)|
|Recommended elective courses||
Admission to the Master program requires a relevant Bachelor’s degree in engineering (180 credits), or other relevant technological degree on Bachelor level. The bachelor’s degree must contain minimum 25 credits mathematics, 5 credits statistics and 7.5 credits in physics. Some of the courses in the bachelor program have a certain amount of statistics included and can be accepted.
Admission to the programme normally requires a BSc. average grade of “C” or higher. All educational activities will be in English.
Relevant field of study may be automation, process and gas technology, nautical science, mechanical, processing, safety, civil engineering. Other fields of study may be considered upon individual assessment.
Applicants from Norway or Nordic countries:
- The application deadline for Norwegian and other Nordic applicants is April 15th for admission to the autumn semester
- Her finner du all informasjon knyttet til søking og opptak.
Applicants from outside the Nordic countries:
- The application deadline for International applicants is November 15th for admission to the following autumn semester.
- International students from non-Nordic countries (except students with English as their mother tongue), must meet the English proficiency as mentioned in the UiT website
- You will find more information about international admission here.
Other studies you may like
This master program gives you a unique knowledge aimed towards technology and safety challenges in t...
Vær med på å gjøre ingeniørbransjen mer grønn! Bli ingeniør i bærekraftig teknologi, lær om fornybar...
Hvordan møter samfunnet sikkerhet- og beredskapsutfordringer? Lær mer om krisehåndtering, HMS, risik...