No admission for the academic year 2024/2025
How to apply?
The discipline focuses on knowledge and skills in theory and regulation regarding ship stability in normal and challenging operation, hydrodynamics and environmental criteria for marine operations, and the use of advanced navigation systems in modern ships.
Listed below are the learning outcomes for the discipline in Nautical science for the Master´s degree in Technology and Safety in the High North. For the general learning outcomes for the Master`s, see the main page.
- has a thorough knowledge and understanding of issues, theoretical concepts and regulatory framework of static and dynamic ship stability, both in intact and damage ship hull conditions.
- has an overview of the principles in radio technology and advance knowledge in interference and noise in radio signals.
- has advance knowledge and understanding of limitations and design principles of maritime navigation, positioning (DP) and radio communication systems.
- has advance knowledge of marine operations in the ocean space with emphasis on how the environment is affecting the performance of operations.
- can carry out and make use of existing knowledge and theories of dynamic stability with reference to intact and damage hull conditions.
- can analysis how external forces influence the integrity of seagoing vessels.
- can propose and evaluate solutions for planning of effective operations.
See the study plan below for more info about the program strukture.
Other studies you may like
( Tromsø, )
Kaptein på eget skip en dag? Lær mer om navigasjon av skip og maritime installasjoner! Nautikk ved U...
( Tromsø, )
This master program gives you a unique knowledge aimed towards technology and safety challenges in t...
( Tromsø )
Hvordan møter samfunnet sikkerhet- og beredskapsutfordringer? Lær mer om krisehåndtering, HMS, risik...