Bente Sundsvold is lecturing courses at the bachelor programme of Social Anthropology (SOA-1001- Innføring i sosialantropologi) and Planning and cultural understanding ( SPL-1003 Cultural understanding and local processes), Masterprogramme in Anthropology (SOA-3004 Minorites, identity and boundaries) and in the Masterprogramme of Indigenous Studies (SOA-3006 Indigenous culture, resourcemanagement and human rights).
Part of her position is linked to research projects, Foodcoasts (2019-2023 - NRC) and CoastChange (2019 - 2021Flagship, Norwegian Polar Institute).
Researcher and WP leader: FOODCOAST – Coastal Foodscapes: a place-based perspective on heritage rooted in coastal ecosystems led by Frode Sundnes, NIVA,Oslo. Funded by Norwegian Research Council 2019-2022
Researcher and WP- leader COASTCHANGE – planning for coastal climate change led by Prof Claire Armstrong, The Norwegian College of Fishery Science, financed by FRAM – Flagship Fjord and Coast, 2019-2021
- Sundsvold, Bente; Armstrong, Claire W.. Found in translation: identifying ecosystem services through public consultation statements in a marine spatial planning process. Ecosystems and People 2019; Volum 15 (1). ISSN 2639-5908.s 102 - 118.s doi: 10.1080/26395916.2019.1596982.
- Sundsvold, Bente. "Å tenkje som en fauel" Med videokamera i utforskning av relasjonsbygging og meningsdannelse mellom menneske og fugl. [«To think like a bird»: A visual exploration of an anthropology beyond the human]. Norsk Antropologisk Tidsskrift 2018; Volum 29 (3-4). ISSN 0802-7285.s 179 - 198.s doi: 10.18261/issn.1504-2898-2018-03-04-06.
- Sundsvold, Bente. "To think like a bird". (data) Journal of Anthropological Films 2018; Volum 1 (1). ISSN 2535-437X.s doi: 10.15845/jaf.v1i1.1345.
- Sundsvold, Bente. Stedets herligheter - amenities of place eider down harvesting through changing times. Acta Borealia 2010; Volum 27 (1). ISSN 0800-3831.s 91 - 115.s doi: 10.1080/08003831.2010.486927.
- Sundsvold, Bente. Land beyond landscapes - from sanctuaries to nature conservation. 2008 ISBN 978-82-91636-90-0.s 139 - 161.
Publications outside Cristin
Sundsvold, B & Armstrong, C (2019): “Found in translation: identifying ecosystem services through public consultation
statements in a marine spatial planning process” Ecosystems and people vol.15 issue 1.
Sundsvold (2017) ”To think like a bird” Ethnographic film in Journal of Anthropological Films, Vol.1.1.
Sundsvold 2010 ”Stedets herligheter”‐ the amenities of place: Eider down harvesting through changing time” in Acta Borelia 27:1, p.91‐115
Domestication, relationbuilding between man-bird-environment, enactment of culture- and nature-relations, marine and coastal management, visual anthropology, science studies, ecosystem services
Researcher COREPLAN – Integrated coastal resource management and planning – ecosystem services and coastal governance Lead: NOFIMA Ann Magnhild Solås, post doc position linked to 3 WPs. 2016-2018
PhD- fellow The Nordland birdcare – interfaces of texts and practices in inscribing the Vega Archipelago as World Heritage, Thesis & film: “To think like a bird” (2015). https://munin.uit.no/handle/10037/8457
Member of research group
SVHUM D 3007
Click for bigger map