Standard documentary requirements
STANDARD DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS: ALL STUDENTS (EXCHANGE & NON-EXCHANGE)
- ONLINE APPLICATION:
All required original documents must be uploaded electronically as PDF-file on the Application Web. Please do not send documents by E-mail or post.
Exchange students: Access to the Application Web will be sent directly to your email once nominated by the mobility coordinator/officer at your home university. How to apply
Self-funded Degree applicants: you must go through the Application Guide before you can access the Application Web to upload your documents. How to apply
- MANAGE YOUR APPLICATION
There is no fees for submitting an application for admission at UiT. There is no submit button. Our application portal is based on self-service. We therefore gently pledge our applicants to exercize some independant judgment and effort by reading the information on our website concerning international admissions and exchange. The ultimate responsibility rest on the applicant himself or herself when it comes to manage his or her own application and uploading all required documentation within the specified deadlines.
We do not accept application(s) from private recruitment agents. We strongly recommend that you upload your documents yourself, use your own e-mail address when registering your application and correspond directly with us with respect to your application.
- QUALIFICATION ATTESTION
- Original transcripts and graduation certificates/diplomas must be signed and stamped by the issuing institution before scanning them into PDF files for upload.
- Original transcripts and graduation certificates/diplomas must be verifed and attested for authenticiy by a Public Notary in your country. In some countries the attestation is performed by specialized governemental bodies such as HEC in Pakistan or CDGDC and CHESICC in China. The attestion process is perfomed in some countries by the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or an authorized Central Examiniation Body. Please inquire carefully in your home country.
- Applicants with qualifications (diploma + transcripts) from the USA, Ethiopia can send those documents direclty by post or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent issued in the Europe, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand: please upload the original copies of your transcripts, diploma and diploma supplement issued by your university with details about the credit hours, the duration of the programme and the qualification framework in PDF format.
- Applicants with qualifications (diploma + transcripts) from the Nigeria, Cameroon: your bachelor's transcript of record and certificate of graduation must be submitted with an official verification report signed and stumped by the registrar of your university. The transcripts of record must show when the degree was conferred and must be sent directly by post.
- Applicants with qualifications (diploma + transcripts) from the U.K.: your final degree diploma and transcripts of record must be conferred and issued by an institution listed as Recognised body.
Upload the original documents together with the translated versions.
Official documents (*) issued in a different language than English or one of the Nordic languages, must be translated into Norwegian or English. The translation must be done by the educational institution or a government-authorised translator. It must be apparent in the document which individual has done the translation with an official seal/stamp.
(*) For instance degree diploma, upper/senior secondary school certificate, or transcript of grades and proof of name change.
If you were given documentation in two languages by your educational institution (where one of the languages is Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English), this documentation can be submitted instead of translations.
You can have your documents translated in Norway or abroad. You can find authorised translators in Norway at The Brønnøysund Register Service.
If the submitted translations are not good enough, we reserve the right to ask for new translations.
- UPLOAD ONLY WHAT IS REQUESTED:
Please DO NOT upload Certificate of Character, National Military Service, Community Service Awards, etc. Unrequested documents will not be taken into consideration and only complicate/delay the evaluation of your application.
- DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT:
Scan your original documents and convert them to PDF (Portable Document Format) files before upload. Scan the translations together with their originals into a single PDF file.
- DOCUMENTS MUST BE LEGIBLE:
Scanned original documents must be clear and legible. They must appear ‘right-side up’. Applications containing illegible documents will be rejected.
- NAMING OF PDF FILES:
Please name your PDF file after your document. For example, translated bachelor diploma, translated bachelor transcript, original bachelor diploma, proof of financial ability, IELTS, passport, TOEFL, etc.
- DOCUMENTS CONSISTING OF SEVERAL PAGES MUST BE IN ONE PDF FILE:
Documents consisting of several pages must be scanned together into one document.
- NO PICTURE/IMAGE OR ZIP FILES:
Do not upload your documents as picture/image files (PNG, JPG, etc.), ZIP or RAR files!
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED.
- THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION:
You can log into your application profile via the Application Web (Søknadsweb). Make sure to remember your login e-mail (username) and your password. Documents uploaded after the deadline are not accepted.
- CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT
Confirmations of receipt will be sent automatically to your E-mail for each uploaded document.
Use your e-mail (username) and password to log into your account on the Application Web (Søknadsweb). It is your responsibility to make sure that all required documents are uploaded correctly.
NB! Please note that we do not have the capacity to confirm receipt of your application until they have been registered. We will not reply to e-mails regarding the receipt of the applications during the evaluation period.
- NON-EXCHANGE APPLICANTS:
You are required to bring along the originals of your academic credentials to Norway for verification after being offered admission. Any fraud will result in immediate cancellation of your right to study in Norway and your return to your home country!
- ALL STUDENTS:
You are responsible for uploading all required documentation, as well as ensuring that it is uploaded within the application deadline. As it may take several weeks for institutions and test centres to provide transcripts and/or test scores, please arrange for these documents to be issued as soon as possible.
You are liable for your uploaded documents, i.e. that they represent accurate and unaltered information.
Wrongful or misleading information may lead to dismissal and loss of right to study. Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- VERIFICATION OF CREDENTIALS:
Please note that we maintain the right to contact institutions, firms, associations and government agencies for the purpose of explanation and/or verification of uploaded documents.
Last changed: 14.12.2017 13.41