The group is focusing on algebraic geometry, code theory, homological algebra and number theory. The research has important applications in computer science.
Group leader: Hugues Verdure
Fields of research:
- Symmetry in algorithmics and quantitative real algebraic geometry
- Combinatorial algebra, matroids, codes and applications of algebraic geometry
- Homology and homotopy theory for general topological spaces
- Sheaves and cosheaves
- Algebraic number theory
- Elliptic and hyperelliptic curves
- Ideal class groups
- Analytic number theory
- Use of matrix algebra to study arithmetic functions such as Mertens and Möbius functions.
Other groups at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics: