Publications, conferences and media
- Heimtun, B., & Viken, A. (2023). Responsible tourists in the time of Covid-19? Tourist Studies, 0(0). https://doi-org.mime.uit.no/10.1177/14687976231169559
- Kramvig, B. & Salmela, T. (2023) Speakers at a webinar om kulturforståelse (Cultural Sensitivity): "Hvordan lykkes med internasjonale turister?" Organized by Reis Nord, 2nd February, 2023. Britt Kramvig: Kulturforståelse fra Traveling post-corona prosjektes perspektiv; Tarja Salmela: what cultural sensitivity could mean in terms of growingly popular mobile lifestyles in Northern Norway and beyond?
- Salmela, T. (2023) Speaker at the Camp Quirky Vanlife festival, Sustainability Tent, Northamptonshire, UK, 28th April - 1st May, 2023. Theme: collaborative workshop on planet-positive campervan travel futures.
- Salmela, T. (2023) "The road was never open: crafting decolonial research practices to envision alternative stories of self-drive and route tourism." DGSKA/GAA conference “Contested Knowledge: Perspectives in Social and Cultural Anthropology”, Münich 25 – 28 July 2023.
- NRK Nordland, Sofie Retterstøl Olaisen (2022) Eit flytande hotell på Herøy – NRK Nordland. Professor Britt Kramvig interviewed regarding potential solutions to sustainable tourism in Helgeland
- Heimtun, B. and Viken, A. (2022) Responsible tourists in the time of Covid-19? Critical Tourism Studies 9, With in Dangerous Times, 27 June – 1 July, 2022, Menorca, Spain.
- Salmela, T. (2022) "Traveling with landscapes: road trips, vanlife and sensory worlding practices, 30th November - 2nd December 2022, Gender Studies Conference 2022: FEMINIST MATTERINGS: Indigenous and Arctic engagements, Oulu, Finland, genderstudiesconference2022.edu.oulu.fi/home
- Salmela, T. (2022) "Van that escaped the discipline” - vanlife and its potential in disrupting dichotomies of tourism mobilities", Lifestyle mobilities and digital nomadism online seminar, University of Eastern Finland, 1st December 2022, https://www.uef.fi/en/event/lifestyle-mobilities-and-digital-nomadism