Astri Jeanette Meen
- Clinical dietitian and associate professor
- Teaching micro- and macronutrients
- Field of research interest: nutrition, obesity, and glycobiology/proteoglycans.
The 50 latest publications is shown on this page. See all publications in Cristin here →
As an employee at the University of Tromsø, my primary responsibility has been to develop the subjects on macronutrients and micronutrients in the new bachelor program in nutrition. I am currently the course leader for ERN-2011 Macronutrients and ERN-2012 Micronutrients. Most of the teaching in these two courses is my responsibility.
My teaching has, among other things, encompassed subjects such as energy, lipids, proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, alcohol, appetite regulation, low FODMAP diet, vitamins, and minerals, including trace minerals. We thoroughly study the dietary sources of the nutrients and their digestion, absorption, metabolism, mechanisms of action and functions, recommendations, and the consequences of too high or too low intakes.
Other courses I am involved in, include:
• ERN-2011: Macronutrients
• ERN-2012: Micronutrients
• ERN-2009: Human fysiologi
• FYT-1110: Fysiologisk grunnlag for bevegelse og funksjon
• MED-2510: Medisin 3. studieår
• MBI-2112: Medisinsk biokjemi og farmakologi.
Member of research group
Member of project
MH øst Kontor
Click for bigger map