Inbound exchange students: Erasmus+ Short-Term Exchange
The Erasmus+ Short-Term Exchange is an opportunity to develop and/or acquire new relevant academic and research skills, participate in a particular training/course or carry out research work necessary for the successful preparation of your dissertation/thesis at UiT
It offers you the frame and flexibility to complete a short-term mobility (5-30 days physical mobility combined or not with a virtual component) and gain international experience during your stay at UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
How to apply for Erasmus+ Short-Term Exchange - step-by-step instructions
- The maximum period for an Erasmus+ Short-term Exchange at UiT is 5-30 days physical mobility combined or not with a virtual component)
- To apply for Erasmus+ Short-term Exchange you must be selected and electronically nominated by the Erasmus+ / Exchange Coordinator at your home university.
- You must be currently enrolled at your university.
- You must have a good command of English at B2 or C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Language proficiency requirements
- You must upload the mandatory documents and an Erasmus+ Learning Agreement on UiT's Appllication Web Service within the specified deadlines.
CONTACT YOUR HOME UNIVERSITY
Please contact your Erasmus+ or Exchange Coordinator at your home institution to discover if an agreement with the UiT exists and whether you can be nominated electronically to UiT.
- Nominations for the autumn semester: 15 MARCH (start) - 15 APRIL (deadline)
- Nominations for the spring semester: 15 SEPTEMBER (start) - 15 OCTOBER (deadline)
ACCESS TO NOMINATION WEB (FOR PARTNER UNIVERSITIES)
NOMINATION FORM (ONLY AFTER THE ABOVE-MENTIONED DEADLINES)
REGISTER YOUR APPLICATION
The registration is by invitation only. After your nomination, you will receive an invitation email from UiT to register your application. Please check your email account! If you are not sure, send an email to email@example.com.
PLAN YOUR EXCHANGE
Before applying to Short Term Exchange, please provide detailed information in the "Learning Agreement" about your individual study/working plan, time frame and confirm the individual and institutional motivation and benefits, provide informal confirmation of supervisors at home university and UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENTS TO THE APPLICATION WEB
You must upload the required documents on Application(Søknadsweb):
- "Learning Agreement": The Learning Agreement form is a binding document. It must be signed and dated by: (1) yourself, (2) your Erasmus+ Coordinator at your home university, and (3) your Supervisor at UiT and uploaded to the Application Web.
- Latest Transcript of record
- Copy of ID Card (EU citizens) or Passport
APPLY FOR HOUSING
After the submission of your application, you must apply for housing without delay to reserve a room. You can cancel your reservation later if you decide NOT to accept your offer of admission.
ACCEPT OR DECLINE YOUR OFFER
Your application status will be "Under Review" until we received all the required documents, including your Learning Agreement. You will receive a notification by email to accept or decline your offer of admission within the specified deadlines.
IMMIGRATION ISSUES AND VISA OPTIONS
It is your responsibility to check which type of visa (NON-EU-EEA students) or registration (EU-EEA students) you will need and how to get it. If you arrive at UiT The Arctic University of Norway without the appropriate visa which permits you to study in Norway for the duration of your exchange, you may face troubles with the local Immigration Office at the Police Department. In some cases, you may have to leave Norway and re-enter in order to get your immigration permission corrected.
PRACTICAL ISSUES: START PLANNING YOUR ARRIVAL
STUDENT BUDGET & COST OF LIVING IN NORWAY
ORIENTATION PROGRAMME (Debut WEEK International)
STUDYING WITH DISABILITY
Students with a disability and special needs are entitled to adaptation of their daily student life and examination to ensure equal learning and educational opportunities.
Last changed: 14.03.2023 17.04