PhD Peadriatic Resarch Group
Associate Professor (20%) in child and adolescent psychiatry. Responsible for teaching and research in that field.
Full clinical position at the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University Hospital of North Norway.
- Eckhoff, Christian; Sørvold, Maria Therene; Kvernmo, Siv. Adolescent self-harm and suicidal behavior and young adult outcomes in indigenous and non-indigenous people. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2019. ISSN 1018-8827.s 1 - 11.s doi: 10.1007/s00787-019-01406-5.
- Bania, Elisabeth Valmyr; Eckhoff, Christian; Kvernmo, Siv. Not engaged in education, employment or training (NEET) in an Arctic sociocultural context: the NAAHS cohort study. BMJ Open 2019; Volum 9 (3). ISSN 2044-6055.s doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-023705.
- Eckhoff, Christian; Straume, Bjørn; Kvernmo, Siv. Multisite musculoskeletal pain in adolescence as a predictor of medical and social welfare benefits in young adulthood: The Norwegian Arctic Adolescent Health Cohort Study. European Journal of Pain 2017; Volum 21 (10). ISSN 1090-3801.s 1697 - 1706.s doi: 10.1002/ejp.1078.
- Eckhoff, Christian; Straume, Bjørn; Kvernmo, Siv. Multisite musculoskeletal pain in adolescence and later mental health disorders: a population-based registry study of Norwegian youth: the NAAHS cohort study. BMJ Open 2017; Volum 7:e012035 (2). ISSN 2044-6055.s 1 - 11.s doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-012035.
- Eckhoff, Christian. The relationship between pain and perceived stress in a population-based sample of adolescents – Is the relationship gender specific?. Scandinavian Journal of Pain 2016; Volum 12. ISSN 1877-8860.s 94 - 95.s doi: 10.1016/j.sjpain.2016.05.003.
- Bania, Elisabeth; Eckhoff, Christian; Kvernmo, Siv. The influence of mental health, psychosocial factors and educational skills on educational aspirations among indigenous Sámi and nonindigenous adolescents in the Arctic. (fulltekst) Scandinavian Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology 2015; Volum 3 (3). ISSN 2245-8875.s 169 - 179.s doi: 10.21307/sjcapp-2015-017.
- Eckhoff, Christian; Kvernmo, Siv. Musculoskeletal pain in Arctic indigenous and non-indigenous adolescents, prevalence and associations with psychosocial factors: A population-based study. BMC Public Health 2014; Volum 14 (1). ISSN 1471-2458.s doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-14-617.
Mental health in youth and young adults.
Mental health - public health and epidemiologi.
Pain and mental health.
Lectures and clinical seminars in psychiatry - 2, 4 and 6 year medical studies.
Member of research group
MD at UiT 2010.
Full medical license 2012.
PhD in medicine at UiT 2016.